Did RTL have an emergency plan? It was announced yesterday that Lucas Cordalis will not move into the jungle camp on January 21 as planned. The reason: Daniela Katzenberger’s singer and husband tested positive for the corona virus. That’s why “I’m a Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here!” on Friday not with twelve candidates, but with eleven, because there is no replacement candidate for the 54-year-old.

Officially, RTL only had one replacement candidate up its sleeve, namely Jasmin Herren – the wife of the late reality star Willi Herren. Jasmine will also move directly into the jungle camp, because she will stand in for “Are You The One?” star Christin Okpara. The 25-year-old is said to have lied about her vaccination status, so RTL threw her out again as a participant in the jungle camp. But now it is reported: There is said to have been another replacement candidate who, for a certain reason, was not able to go to South Africa in the end.

More jungle: Viewers gossip about Sonja’s face

RTL planning with Cosimo Citiolo?

As “Bild” wants to know, in addition to Jasmin Herren, the former “DSDS” candidate Cosimo Citiolo was also planned as a reserve candidate. The newspaper also reports that the 40-year-old is not part of the party after all because he is also said to have contracted the corona virus. The fact that Cosimo has Corona is said to have already been established in Germany. That’s why the reality star wasn’t even allowed to travel to South Africa. There shouldn’t be a third emergency celebrity for the jungle camp. When watson asked, RTL did not want to comment on this fact.

It was already speculated in December whether Cosimo Citiolo would be part of the 15th jungle camp season. Last month, the trailers for the reality format were shot at the MMC studios in Cologne. In addition to candidates who were already officially confirmed at this point, such as fashion designer Harald Glööckler, Cosimo was also seen on the set, according to “Bild”.

Cosimo first appeared in public in 2005 as a candidate for “Deutschland sucht den Superstar”. After that he appeared regularly in front of the jury at the talent show and became known as the “Checker vom Neckar”. In addition to “DSDS”, he was also seen in other trash formats. For example, in 2011 he moved into the “Big Brother” container and in 2021 he was a participant in the second season of “Battle of the Reality Stars”.

Lucas Cordalis still hopes to participate in the jungle camp

But what’s next for Lucas Cordalis? RTL said in a statement: “Daniela Katzenberger’s husband has been in self-isolation since the test result and is being closely monitored medically. It is not yet clear whether the 54-year-old will move into the jungle camp at a later date.” The son of the late pop singer and first king of the jungle Costa Cordalis does not have to bury his desire to follow in his father’s footsteps just yet. “Please keep your fingers crossed that it still works somehow, I have no idea”, he said in his Instagram story.

One person advises him not to move in later: his wife Daniela Katzenberger. She justified her opinion online. For her, that would be “only half a story” if her husband were to move into the jungle camp as a latecomer. She would prefer if Lucas took part in the format next year instead.

(swiss)

On Friday evening it finally starts again with a new season of the jungle camp. This time the show will be produced from South Africa due to the corona. There were two incidents beforehand that shocked trash TV fans: Lucas Cordalis has contracted the virus and will now be banned from the format. It is not yet clear whether he will join later if his test result is negative.