After the new Infection Protection Act was passed in the Bundestag and Bundesrat on Friday, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania’s state government subsequently adapted the new state ordinance of the Corona transitional regulation.
“The situation in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania is still tense and dynamic. This applies in particular to the situation in the health system. The burden and occupancy rates of the hospitals in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania are higher than ever during the corona pandemic,” emphasized Health Minister Stefanie Drese (SPD) after the cabinet meeting.
Everything you need to know about the transition rules until April 2 and the subsequent hotspot rule. more
FFP2 masks are no longer mandatory: These are the current Corona rules
In the course of the transitional arrangement until April 2, 2022, the mask requirement will not be completely lifted. However, there is no longer an obligation to wear an FFP2 mask, the normal surgical mask is now sufficient. The obligation to test for visitors in hospitals and care facilities remains in place in the country. Also important: The new state regulation applies immediately and not only when the old Infection Protection Act expires on Sunday. With this, for example, they want to make it easier to play in the sports area this weekend.
AUDIO: These Corona rules now apply in MV (1 min)
Person and capacity restrictions will also be lifted. However, there is a recommendation to wear a mask even outdoors if the distance of 1.5 meters cannot be maintained. The applies indoors Mask requirement for the following areas:
- in retail (also in supermarkets)
- in public transport
- in the service industry
- for body-related services (hairdresser, cosmetics)
- when using medical, nursing and therapeutic offers
- in music schools and extracurricular educational institutions
- in leisure activities (zoos, circuses, indoor playgrounds, indoor and fun pools)
- when using cultural offers (cinema, theatre, museums, libraries, choirs, socio-cultural centers)
- at events
- when visiting trade fairs, special markets and annual markets
- in gastronomy on the way to the square
- in the field of tourist accommodation
- weddings and funerals
- Assemblies, religious gatherings, meetings of municipal bodies
The 3G rule, i.e. vaccinated, recovered or a daily test, can optionally be converted into a 2G rule by organizers or institutions and companies. In this case, either the mask requirement or the distance regulation can then be omitted. The 2G Plus rule only applies to clubs and discos, but without the obligation to wear a mask. 3G or 2G option is therefore required for:
- Visit to the gastronomy (with 2G option)
- in tourism (on arrival and 2G option)
- at events (also outdoors, each with 2G option)
- in the cultural sector (with 2G option)
- when exercising, in fitness studios and dance schools (each with 2G option)
- for leisure activities (with 2G option)
- when visiting trade fairs, annual and special markets (with 2G option)
- at the hairdresser or other body-related services (with 2G option)
“In view of the dynamic pandemic situation in our country, I appeal to compliance with the protective measures: distance, hygiene, wear a mask. Self-protection and personal responsibility are now very important,” emphasized Health Minister Drese once again at the end.